My #fitsperiment challenge update:
Current stats (end of week 4):
Body Fat = 9.5% (Target = 8%)
FlexiScore = 100 (Target = 100)
Days Left = 0
And this concludes my #fitsperiment challenge! About a month ago, I challenged myself to:
- lose 5% of bodyfat
- increase Flexiscore from 80 to 100.
While I failed to achieve the first goal (I managed to burn only 3.5% of body fat), I succeeded in accomplishing the second (I considerably improved my lower body flexibility). While the final results are somewhat disappointing, I learned some valuable facts while completing this challenge:
- The skinfold caliper is reliable and convenient tool for measuring and tracking body fat percentage on a daily basis
- I can lose body fat by maintaining consistently negative calorie balance for a period of time.
- The Bodymedia is reliable and convenient tool for measuring and tracking calorie loss on a daily basis
- The food weighing and diet logging are reliable but not really convenient way to measure and track calorie intake on a daily basis. I think I can improve the system by limiting my weekly diet to only 10-15 ingredients, 3 hot meals and 2 varieties of snacks. This would make the diet quantification and logging process much easier. It would also help to develop an interactive standalone calculator instead of using Google Spreadsheets.
- The Flexiscore mat is reliable and convenient way to measure and track body flexibility.